Oliver advises corporates, shareholders and creditors in connection with complex out-of-court and in-court restructurings, with a focus on self-administration and protective shield proceedings as well as StaRUG schemes. He regularly acts for buyers and sellers in insolvency and non-insolvency related M&A transactions. Further, he advises managing directors and (supervisory) board members regarding their obligations under insolvency law. Oliver has experience in financial restructuring, non-performing loans, solvent liquidations and international insolvency law matters.
Before joining FINKENHOF, Oliver worked for Allen & Overy LLP in their financial restructuring and insolvency department. He gained experience abroad in the bankruptcy department of White & Case LLP in New York as well as in Hong Kong and Oslo.
Oliver is fluent in German, English and Norwegian.
- Protective shield proceedings / self-administration
- Out-of-court restructuring / StaRUG
- Insolvency law advice
- M&A transactions
- International insolvency law
||Attorney at law, FINKENHOF, Frankfurt am Main
|2019 – 2021
||Attorney at law, Allen & Overy LLP, Frankfurt am Main
|2016 – 2018
||PhD in law at WWU Muenster
|2014 – 2016
||Legal clerkship at Higher Regional Court of Duesseldorf
|2006 – 2013
||Studied law at universities of Regensburg, Oslo and Muenster
- “No applicability of business judgment rule in insolvency proceedings”, SanB 2020, pp. 126-129 (co-authored with Vanja Alexander Kovacev)
- “On the question of applicability of business judgment rule to insolvency administrators” – Annotation to the judgement of the Federal Court of Justice (BGH) dated 12 March 2020 – IX ZR 125/17, ZWH 2020, p. 337
- “Settlement claim of the exiting shareholder” – Annotation to the judgement of the Federal Court of Justice (BGH) dated 28 January 2020 – II ZR 10/19, SanB 2020, pp. 93-95 (co-authored with Vanja Alexander Kovacev)
- “Preventing Overindebtedness through Subordination Agreements in Finance and Restructuring”, GmbHR 2015, pp. 729-734 (co-authored with Dr. Jan-Philipp Hoos)
- “Liability of director of private company limited by shares for belated insolvency filing” – Annotation to the judgement of the Federal Court of Justice (BGH) dated 2 December 2014 – II ZR 119/14, ZWH 2015, pp. 76-79 (co-authored with Dr. Jan-Philipp Hoos)